Noticias:

Rendez-Vous 2016, Madrid!!! Toda la información aquí: http://www.jeanmicheljarre.es/foro/index.php?board=6.0

Main Menu

T&T is BIG FAKE?????

Iniciado por RALF, 20 de Junio de 2007, 06:45:58 PM

« anterior - próximo »

RALF

Pinchos.doc

My god...!!!!

If this presets is real, Jean Michel André Jarre is the fake... No musician... Only fake...

:-o :-o :?

O, en cristiano, si estos presets son reales y propios de este sintetizador, Jean Michel André Jarre es un invento... No un músico, solo un copipasteador musical...

:-o :-o :-o

Belial

09/10/1993 - Madrid <CANCELADO>
16/12/2006 - Water for life - Merzouga
26/07/2007 - Albanella <CANCELADO>
22/12/2007 - Theatre Marigny - Paris
22/04/2008 - Oxygene Tour 2008 - Madrid
31/07/2010 - Plaza Obradoiro - Santiago

RALF

Oryginal post by Pete. BlahBlahCafe

CitarHi all,
Last Saturday I found in a shop an ex-demo MC-808 which was in real like-new condition (like the plastic film on the display, all the original packaging, etc.)
I was really tempted by many of its features described in the Sound on Sound review and, of course, also by its contribution (I supposed) to the powerful rhytmics of the Teo & Tea album. The ex-demo price was the biggest factor.....so I purchased it!

First of all I discovered from the manual that Tim Hufken was one of the sound designers involved, and credited with their personal bio, in the sound design for the MC-808 pattern presets.
Than I started browsing the preprogrammed factory preset patterns and.......WOW! Instant Jarre!

Have a listen to the ones I found related to Teo & Tea: all sounds are played as they are and recorded directly from the MC-808 outs without any external processing.

http://pete.altervista.org/sounds/mc-808/

The first 256 Patterns are multi-timbral, while the other are single instrument patterns.
I didn't browse all the patterns actually, just all the multi and some single part synth. Than I began playing and doing mess with it!
In case I find other T&T related sounds or patterns, I will update the list!
Cheers

Belial

Bueno, Teo y Tea siempre nos pareció un disco hecho un fin de semana; vaya tela.
09/10/1993 - Madrid <CANCELADO>
16/12/2006 - Water for life - Merzouga
26/07/2007 - Albanella <CANCELADO>
22/12/2007 - Theatre Marigny - Paris
22/04/2008 - Oxygene Tour 2008 - Madrid
31/07/2010 - Plaza Obradoiro - Santiago

Umbopo

No los puedo escuchar, me da error....  algún alma caritativa que los ponga por otro lado please...   me vendrían muy bien para fortalecer aún mas mi repulsión por Téo & Téa.   :lol:

Umbopo

Ya los he oido....  que coño habrán hecho Jarre y compañia para que en el resultado final todo se escuche peor.

Ñáñaro

Menos mal que no me compré el Téo&Téa, el cabreo sería mucho peor que ahora...
Aunque bien mirado, si se le acusa de usar presets de los teclados, ¿por qué no iba a utilizar los de las cajas de ritmo? Esto me recuerda a los musicos de pachanga de mi pueblo, que todos utilizaban el Roland E-70, hasta que fué sustituido por el Solton, y ahora todos van con midifiles, con lo que siempre han sonado iguales. En fin, ya no me sorprende nada de Josmar.

Equinoxe

La madre que me parió,no me lo puedo creer  :-o
Oye,no será que han preparado ese teclado con sonidos que usó Jarre para el Teo&Tea  :? y  no al reves?? :x

Dzoolook

A ZZERO le debe sorprender que RALF hay escrito este post... :lol:

PISUKE

Cita de: Ñáñaro en 20 de Junio de 2007, 09:02:48 PM
Menos mal que no me compré el Téo&Téa, el cabreo sería mucho peor que ahora...
Aunque bien mirado, si se le acusa de usar presets de los teclados, ¿por qué no iba a utilizar los de las cajas de ritmo? Esto me recuerda a los musicos de pachanga de mi pueblo, que todos utilizaban el Roland E-70, hasta que fué sustituido por el Solton, y ahora todos van con midifiles, con lo que siempre han sonado iguales. En fin, ya no me sorprende nada de Josmar.

Un respeto al E70, que tengo uno en casa desde el 91 y me ha hecho buena compañía en innumerables tardes......

SyntheticMan

Pregunta a los masters:

Las partes "impublicables" de la entrevista con Rimbert, tienen que ver con esto?

Salvo que resulte que estos samples están programados por Jarre o, siendo muy muy generosos, por Rimbert, esto es la mayor verguenza desde Milli Vanilli. Qué triste...

Manu1613

Features:
The key features of the MC-808 are:

Wave based synthesizer with fully programmable patches (including rhythm kits)
128-voice polyphony
683 preset patterns
Stores up to 800 patterns (each with 16-tracks called parts) in user memory, and up to 700 more on a Compact Flash card
Three record modes (real time, step and TR mode)
Song mode, which allows sequences of patterns to be recorded
Sampler (Standard sample memory is limited, but sample memory can be expanded with a PC100 or PC133 DIMM up to 512MB)
7 banks of user 128 user editable patches
RPS sets, which can be used to trigger individual parts of patterns in real time
Arpeggiator with 128 presets
16MB of user memory for storing patterns, songs, patches, RPS sets, pattern sets and samples
4MB of sample memory (To hold newly recorded samples, or samples for playback)
RAM expansion slot (Up to 512MB PC-100 or PC-133 DIMM)
Compact Flash slot (Up to 1GB) (For storing patterns, songs, patches, RPS sets, pattern sets and samples)

Sound Generator:
The 808's sound generator produces sound from two different kinds of patches. A "standard" patch is made up of four tones. Each tone can have two different waveforms, one for the left channel and one for the right channel. Waveforms can be either preset waveforms, or samples (both work the same way.) Rhythm patches are made up of 16 tones, each one assigned to a note. Rhythm tones can be made up of up to four waveforms.

Tones are generated by a wave generator then sent to a Time Variant Filter (TVF) and then to a Time Variant Amplifier (TVA). The WG, TVF and TVA all have an envelope which controls their operation. Standard patches have two LFOs available, which can be assigned to modulate the WG, TVF or TVA. This design is similar to many synthesizers using substractive synthesis. Rather than being restricted to a small number of waveforms, any wave file can be used as a waveform.

Some parameters can be modified in a patch using a fader. For more complete patch editing, the 808 must be hooked up to a computer via a USB cable running the 808's patch editor.

The sound generator allows for the routing of parts into two Multi-Effects(MFX) units. There are 46 different effects. Each MFX can be set to one of the 46 effects.

Sequencer:
The sequencer can play patterns, or songs which are made up of a series of patterns. Each pattern can have up to 16 parts. Each part is assigned to a patch.

Parts contain a sequence of MIDI events such as notes and control changes. There are three ways to record data to a part. Step recording, realtime recording and TR-Rec. Step recording allows the entry of notes step by step. Realtime recording allows both notes and control changes to be added. TR-Rec allows each of the 16-pads to represent a beat, and makes it easy to enter percussion tracks. There is also a "microscope" editing mode allowing detailed event editing.

Songs are made up of steps with each step having a pattern associated with it. Muting and unmuting parts can be done for each step. The overall level of each part can be modified at each step as well.

Sampler:
The MC-808 can import samples (as WAV or AIFF files,) and can also record samples from it's input. Editing of samples can be done using the sample edit feature of the patch editor program. Some basic tasks can be done from the MC-808 without the need for the editor porgram. Newly recorded samples are stored in sample memory. Samples must be loaded into sample memory to play them as well. The MC-808 will automatically load samples into memory when needed. There are also some manual operations for loading samples into memory and unloading them. As shipped, there is 4MB of sample memory. Samples can be saved in user memory or card memory.

Fuente: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_MC-808

Si se encontrara un software virtual que lo emulase podriamos salir de dudas :roll:

Otra muestra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFmsgl9_cmc
Conciertos asistidos:
21/04/08 Oxygene 30th Anniversary Tour - Teatro Liceo, Barcelona -
11/12/10 Indoors Tour - Zénith, Pau -

zopa

Dicen que "piensa mal y acertarás", pero voy a intentar no seguir ese dicho, y voy a pensar que esto es como lo del vídeo del tío tocando los sonidos del Roland D.50 que eran los usados en Revolutions, o los sonidos del Korg Karma, que eran los de AERO Introduction... Esto, desde luego, si es cierto, es peor que el caso Milli Vanilli que habéis dicho por aquí... Sobre todo en el caso del sonido "Chatterbox" que es el colmo ya de la desfachatez, si todo esto es cierto...
"Jarre?? Está bien... Te ríes..." (El Lobowolf)

bart_os

Ay, ay, ay!!!. Puffff, primero lo del teclado de Houston/Lyon y ahora esto...  :-)

La pena es que en ninguna entrevista se le pregunta nunca nada sobre estas cosas de forma abierta para ver que decía.